Thermal Transfer Printing
What it is/how it works:
Thermal transfer printing technology uses heat to transfer an image (text, images and barcodes) using an ink
ribbon onto a label. Heat from the print head melts the ink on the ribbon which is deposited onto the label surface to create the image.
What it’s used for (Ideal uses):
- Ability to use materials that are weather / chemical resistant.
- The drying time of the ink is very fast enabling high speed printing.
- The price range makes high quality label printing affordable to smaller businesses.
- Available in a rugged metal construction for warehouse environments.
- Larger label rolls making for fewer label changes.
Most thermal transfer printers also have the ability to do direct thermal printing.
- Added consumable cost, due to ribbon requirement. More user training involved in loading the consumables.
Price / Maximum Volumes of labels per day:
Thermal Transfer Label Materials
Thermal Transfer Ribbons
Thermal Transfer Printing also requires the use of a ribbon to view our range click on the image below, alternatively click here for more information.