EU Food Allergen Labelling Solution
Are you ready for the EU Food Allergen Labelling Changes?
The new food allergen labelling regulation that comes in action on December 13th 2014 states all food labels in the EU must identify allergens to comply with the European directive 1169/2011.
The main aim of this directive is to provide is to provide greater clarity to consumers on ingredients, nutrition and allergens.
Scope of the new regulation:
- Mandatory nutrition information on processed foods.
- Mandatory origin labelling of unprocessed meat from pigs, sheep, goats and poultry.
- Highlighting allergens e.g. peanuts or milk in the list of ingredients.
- Better legibility i.e. minimum size of text.
- Requirements on information on allergens also cover non pre-packed foods including those sold in restaurants and cafes.
If you are a food manufacturer, you are responsible for following and adhering to allergen labelling requirements for EU food information for consumers regulations.
The 14 Main Allergens Include:
Here is an example of how to list allergens on your food labels:
Ingredients: Water, Carrots, Onions, Potatoes, Leeks, Peas, Cornflour, Wheat flour, Salt, Cream, Yeast Extract, Garlic, Whey (Milk), Sugar, Celery Seed, Sunflower Oil, Eggs, Herbs and Spice, White Pepper
Due to this new regulation, AM Labels have designed a software solution to take the stress out of updating your labelling.
Working with Nicelabel technology we will help you comply with minimum effort to set up and maintain.
Easy setup and maintenance
The new regulation requires you to clearly highlight allergens in the ingredients list, not in a separate text block. This requirement makes it difficult to encode the labels as a printer language template that you might be currently using. Our solution with Nicelabel makes it easier to comply by using rich text objects.
With the ability to generate smart label templates, allowing you to store product data in a database, not in a label design. This means you can use a single label template for all your products. This approach simplifies label design and management of product data.
- Minimize number of label variations.
- Easily manage product data.
- Print more efficiently.
No need to change your existing data
Our solution will connect to your existing product data to simplify the process. It will also highlight allergen ingredients without the need to modify your existing database, you will do this by simply adding a table with the list of allergens and the software will automatically format the ingredients list.
- No changes to existing product data.
- One universal template for all products.
- One simple print form with database and label preview.
All of your product labelling requirements will be handeld within the simple to use, form-based software!
For more information please contact our sales team on 01536 414 222