I have recently been personally introduced to the TSP100 receipt printer from Star Micronics. To say the least this little printer has got to be the most intelligent printer I have had the pleasure to meet.
Not only did it speedily show off its receipt printing to me, up to 22 receipts per minute, it also boasted a variety of unique features that rely purely on Windows drivers, making them useful to almost everyone. As well as the revolutionary features below these printers have an internal power supply to reduce the chance of breakage, "Drop-In & Print" paper loading, all accessories, drivers and software included in the box.
Re-design receipts without changing software
If you have limitations within your current software this nifty printer could solve your problems. Within the Windows drivers you have the functionality to:
Update your Serial printers
- Crop out embedded text, images and unwanted sections on receipts.
- Add logos/images and text to the top and/or bottom of each receipt, if you are also printing multiple copies you can have different logos on each e.g. customer copy vs. internal copy.
- Make resident fonts irrelevant, the font replacement tool will replace any non true type fonts on the receipt with a more attractive / dynamic font without affecting the speed of the printer.
- Generate extra sales with the unique coupon marketing tool, offering a keyword search to trigger relevant vouchers on customer receipts.
- Reverse the way the receipt is printed by the press of a button, ideal when the printer is wall mounted.
Want to update your printer but need the data to be transferred by a serial port and are frustrated by the transfer speed, running out of computers with serial ports or simply want to make the best use of new technology. Not a problem for the TSP100, check out its serial port emulation (windows) and update your receipt printers to a faster USB model without having to update your legacy software.
Electronically record actual receipts
Need to eliminate cash reconciliation errors or have a query with a particular customers receipt, switch on the electronic journal and you can record an electronic copy of all receipts printed by date and time.
Will it fit in?
Not wanting to stand out from the rest of the playground (in terms of colour), the Star TSP100 is available in Charcoal Grey or White. Alternatively if you like the sound of the printer but want it to match in with your shiny POS system, Star offer a gloss Black or White GT model that also doubles the print speed at 250mm / second.
It must cost the earth?
Not at all, considering how much this little printer offers, you won't be able to believe the price, with over £50 less than other receipt printers, the Star TSP100 is a no brainer.